3 month contract role
£9-10 per hour
My client is a leading manufacturer of electronic devices in Europe and due to continuous growth and expansion of their UK division, they now requires an experienced Warehouse Assistant to join their established team located in the Devizes area.
Predominately providing assistance to the Warehouse Manager, the following duties will be the main part of this role -
- Communicating with other departments.
- Receipt and verification of incoming deliveries.
- Despatching product in line with customer required delivery date.
- Ensuring storage conditions are maintained in the warehouse.
- Fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation's department.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date using FIFO system.
- Planning future capacity requirements.
- Producing reports on a periodic basis.
- Co-ordinating with freight companies to help achieve agreed performance/service levels.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Ordering warehouse consumables as required.
The working hours will be 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday and 8am - 1pm on a Friday.
The selected candidate will be a strong communicator, hold excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.Good interpersonal skills are also essential, as you will be liaising with customers, potential buyers and colleagues at all levels. You will have ability to plan and prioritise your own workload, work well under pressure and be proactive at all times. Due to the nature of the business, accuracy, attention to detail and an extremely irrepressible work ethic are vital requirements for this position.
In return the company offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday and the opportunity to be part of a thriving and progressive organisation.