Our client based in Calne require an additional Warehouse Operative, preferably with a Counter Balance forklift licence, to join their existing team on a permanent basis. Working hours will be 40 per week, following a shift pattern, rotating weeks of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm Monday to Friday and 10pm - 6 am Sunday to Thursday.
You will work as part of a professional and friendly team to contribute to the efficient operations of the warehouse and carry out the following main duties;
- Working from picking lists, picks orders accurately and efficiently.
- Checking products for visual and physical defect or damage.
- Picking orders using a picking platform.
- Participating in stock counts.
- Checking picking machinery for any problems/defects at the beginning of the shift and logs details on the relevant check sheets.
- Logging numbers of orders completed during the shift and any problems.
- Completing all paperwork accurately and on time.
- Loading and unloading lorries.
- Undertaking routine housekeeping duties.
- Advising Team Leader of any problems likely to affect the efficiency of the warehouse.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is completed accurately and promptly in accordance with Company procedure.
All applicant must work well under pressure and be prepared to work within a fast paced environment. Due to the nature of the business, it is also extremely important that all Health and Safety and company procedures are adhered to and all employees wear the essential PPE at all times, whilst on site.
This is an exciting opportunity, to become part of a well-established and successful organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job