Air Recruits Ltd are looking for a number of committed, hard working warehouse operatives who hold a valid forklift license to carry out ongoing assignments on a shift rota basis. Based locally to Heathrow Airport, as a warehouse operative you will ensure the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of all air cargo.
- Loading and unloading of consignments
- Security screening
- ULD pallet building
- Pick and pack orders for dispatch
- Move stock around either by hand, or by using lifting equipment or a fork lift truck
- Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerised system
- Keep accurate stock records and carry out stock counts as and when required
- Check for damaged or missing items
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
Skills and attributes
You will have a good understanding of health and safety requirements, have a flexible approach to duties and tasks, and be able to work well as part of a team. You should have the ability to work accurately and methodically, have good communication skills, the ability to plan and organise your workload, and the ability to accurately complete paperwork and count stock items.
Qualifications and experience preferred
Previous experience within a warehouse setting is preferred, cargo operative aviation security training (previously known as level D) and a current fork lift truck licence and/or a licence to drive assisted lift equipment is essential. All other required training will be offered to the successful candidates after their background checks are complete.
All candidates will be subject to a five year history check, which will include a criminal record check (CRB).
- Fork Lift
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job