Warehouse Operative / Sawyers
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
About the company:
Our client is a leading steel stockholding business employing 1100 employees across 25 locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. With 43 companies within the group, their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
Due to growth and investment, we are now looking to recruit additional warehouse Operatives / Sawyers to work a weekly rotation of 5.30am -2pm and 1.30pm – 10pm.
The purpose of the Warehouse Operative is to ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled to the highest standards, working to deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
Duties of the Warehouse Operative / Sawyers:
- General warehouse duties.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
- Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes
- Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers orders
- Maintaining high levels of health and safety
- Being adaptable in your approach to work
- Participate in stock taking duties
- Any sawing duties
- Deal with returns
- Pick items from computer generated lists
Requirements of the Warehouse Operative / Sawyers:
- The successful candidates will be experienced Warehouse Operatives with some saw experience
- You will be used to working in a flexible, results oriented, team environment
- These roles are also physically demanding so it is essential that you have experience of this or are willing to meet these demands
- Ideally you will be able to use mobile equipment (FLT, overhead crane)
- Full UK driving license
- Be able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Warehouse Operative / Sawyer role is right for you then please apply today!