Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for the correct orders being picked and loaded, accurately and on time to be delivered to our customers. You will need to develop good working relationships with colleagues and be able to work in a chilled environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all goods are picked from dispatch according to the picking procedure
- Ensure correct labelling of all orders for despatch
- To replenish the Warehouse as and when required, ensuring stock is always available for picking
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded correctly and on time
- Ensure all cages and stillages are secure in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Locate products and rotate stock effectively
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Picking orders experience desirable
- Experience working within food/chilled environment desirable
- Used to working on voice pick
- Health and safety savvy
- Used to using warehouse equipment
- Attention to detail essential
- Physical fitness essential
- Trustworthy essential
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.