Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a global food processing plant to recruit dedicated Warehouse Operative for their site based in Seaham. This is an exciting opportunity to join a business which continually invests in their people and facilities, which is demonstrated in their recent expansion plan to increase output and productivity by 150%, providing the opportunity for permanent contracts for temporary staff.
Each individual employee is made to feel part of the organisation and developing your skills is at the forefront of their approach. Our client are a family run business who are passionate about their values and their culture and are keen to bring on board new employees who have the same outlook.
They have recently invested £70,000 in their canteen facilities which includes a seating area and widescreen TV, providing all temporary workers with free tea & coffee and occasionally, free pizza too.
- As a Warehouse Operative you will be based in the warehouse where your duties will include picking large volumes of product based on the recent orders.
- You will be will be driving a FLT truck daily.
- Keeping the warehouse safe and tidy is paramount and you will ensure all products/ apparatus are returned back to a safe position at all times.
- Strap pallets and transport or store products in the correct area.
- Load and unload shipping vehicles and conveyors.
- Unloading of conveyors and maintain work at a constant pace.
- Comply with both company policies and health and safety rules.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- A current Counterbalance FLT license
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to follow instruction and following safety guidelines.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
The salary for this position is £7.83 per hour.
This is a temporary to permanent role working 4 shifts on 4 shifts off, all night shifts.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Danielle Liversedge for more details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'