At Lidl, we have over 650 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you’ll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you’ve completed your basic training. That’s because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You’ll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
What will you do?
- Pick a variety of products including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items
- Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
- Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What will you need?
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
- Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night