Purpose of Role:
The Warehouse Operative is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the department they are leading. All Warehouse Operatives are expected to provide a 'hands on’ approach to ensure the operation achieves its goals. The Warehouse Operative may be required to work in other areas of the operation, subject to capabilities & experience.
The working Patterns for this role will be Monday-Friday 10:00-14:00, 12:00-16:00 or 14:00-18:00 please specify your preferance in your cover letter.
- Manage workload to satisfy customer orders and other operational requirements, through effective planning whilst giving consideration to other areas of the business.
- Picking and Packing of customer orders
- Unloading inbound deliveries ensuring accurate stock counts
- Putaway of stock in correct locations
- Repackaging products to volume targets and customer specification
- Monitor staff handling of all the company products and take corrective action to prevent loss or damage.
- Liaise with Inventory Control and ensure procedures are followed to maintain stock accuracy/integrity.
- Ensure agreed KPI’s are achieved including ISO activities.
Health & Safety
- Understand the requirement for a safe operation and ensure safe methods of work are employed and required audits completed.
- Promote a positive H&S awareness amongst all of the staff on shift.
- To assist in the development of Risk Assessments & Safe Systems of Work where and when required.
- Maintain a clean and clutter free environment.
- Promote a "Clean as you go" policy
- Operate under pressure
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintaining a high attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Flexible with a 'can do attitude’
- Diligent with a methodical approach and a keen eye for detail
- Capable of communicating both written and verbal
- Experience of working in a fast paced distribution centre environment
- Understanding and working knowledge of multi product groups
- Order Picking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job