Warehouse Operations Supervisor
Mon - Thur 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
Pay Rate: £10.50p/h
Summary of the Role:
Our manufacturing client is looking for a Supervisor to assist the Operations Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of a fast moving environment, assuming responsibility for the day to day management of people within the warehouse function. You'll help in the achievement of company targets and objectives, whilst ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. Additionally you will oversee general housekeeping standards and encourage continuous improvements within the warehouse environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career, in a role that will challenge you and help develop your people management skills. Learning and applying in depth product and customer knowledge, you will inspire our committed team with your high level of motivation, enthusiasm and proactive actions. You will help spearhead the team to success by leading by example and defining their responsibilities and giving them a clear sense of direction. You already understand the importance of total customer satisfaction and the impact of failure on commitments.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring the provision of a safe working environment, adhering to health, safety and environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
* Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt , storage and dispatch of goods
* Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of components to production meets internal requirements
* Responsible for driving Standard work and ensuring quality processes are implemented to ensure a Right first time product to our customers in line with their expectations
* Lead follow up and resolve any Customer concerns as and when required in timely manner
* Supervise and control order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage
* Organise, facilitate and manage daily cycle counts
* In conduction with the Operations Manager, implement warehouse and management systems and working practices in line with best practice and continuous improvement
* Maintain the management of all customer orders returns
* Set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations, where appropriate, in line with company objectives.
* Ensure structured and planned training and development for self and team to maximise skill levels, flexibility, absence cover, etc.
* Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality, etc.
* Maintain training matrix and ensure employees are adequately trained and competent within their role to ensure operational flexibility
* Coach the team daily in order that a common goal is focused upon and that business objectives are met consistently
Be part of our success journey. Email your CV to and we'll be in touch with you soon! Apply Now.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.