JRP Distribution Ltd is a family owned distribution business based in Lancing, West Sussex. The business has been operating for over 35 years but in the last five years has experienced rapid growth with significantly increased product ranges and investment, with our customer base now ranging from small independent shops to national retailers across the UK.
With this growth we now have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Warehouse Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who is confident and competent, with excellent and proven people management skills to lead and motivate the team, and ensure targets and goals are continuously achieved. The successful candidate should have good self-motivation and drive, thrive on achieving goals, and be able to think outside of the box.
The Warehouse Manager will report directly to the Directors of the business and is expected to be a key member of our senior management team as we continue to grow. The current warehouse team is c.15 employees, with the expectation that this will significantly grow in the future. A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people within a warehouse environment is required.
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
1) Warehouse Management
- Organise, oversee and be fully involved in all aspects of an efficient, accurate and timely warehouse operation
- Oversee all deliveries in and out of the warehouse
- Oversee picking and packing operation in the warehouse, ensuring orders are processed quickly and efficiently and that all delivery targets are met or exceeded
- Keep up to date with all special packing and delivery requirements for certain customers and ensure these requirements are met
- Ensure accurate and timely stock management, including replenishment and space optimisation
- Identify and implement system & process improvements.
2) Systems, reporting & safety
- Establishment, reporting and analysis of appropriate reporting metrics/ KPIs
- Contribute to IT package considerations/improvements, current and future
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety and other relevant regulatory requirements
3) Team management & performance
- Supervise all warehouse staff, motivating all staff individually and as teams.
- Organise the recruitment and training of new staff, and arrange temps as needed with agreement of the Directors
- Ensure all staff are up to date with policies and procedures
- Monitor, and appraise staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork
Due to our rapid growth, we are expecting to move to larger premises in c12-18 months and we expect the successful Warehouse Manager will play a major role in this, contributing to decisions on IT, warehousing layout, and staffing. Experience is all these areas is required.
In summary, we are seeking an ambitious and capable Warehouse Manager with the ability to take ownership of the warehouse and play a key role in our future plans and success.
- Analytical Skills
- Team Leadership
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job