Experienced Warehouse and Operations Manager to work within a Distribution environment dealing with a well known household name product.
You will be responsible for effectively managing all warehouse operations, inventory management including achieving operational objectives, safely and with high quality, while maintaining a team-oriented culture. Mentoring a team of 10 people. Monday to Fridays - 40 hours a week.
Main Tasks of Job:
• Manage all aspects of a distribution warehouse, including packaging operation.
• Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; safely managing production/packaging, productivity, quality, inventory control and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trend.
• Assist with recruiting of new staff to include induction and training.
• Meet sales objectives and work with the Sales team to gain knowledge of the customer needs on a weekly basis such as capture information from Sales Team regarding promos, large orders expected, significant changes with customers.
• Provide leadership to entire Team with the ability to physically back up each position with focus on mentoring direct reports in order that they may effectively lead the Team. Primary back up for Inventory Lead for inventory management, ability to research for discrepancies as needed
• Enforce/improve warehouse systems by optimizing product handling and storage methods (receiving, inspecting, storing, picking and shipping)
• Time Clock Supervisor - alter errors, ensure warehouse staff are clocked in correctly, create new employee numbers, check total weekly hours, check and sign off temp staff timesheets
• Ensure all equipment and machines are fully functional and operating safely always
• Must possess the ability to assess warehouse design, as needed, by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluate and recommend needs for new equipment
• Follow health and safety requirements of the company
• Other duties as assigned
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job