Warehouse Operations Manager
Salary £40,000 - £50,0000 DOE
Hours 08:00 – 17:00
- Ideally you will come from an E-commerce warehouse
- Proven experience in a successful Warehouse Operations Manager position
- Excellent communication, leadership, motivation and managerial skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to continually challenge and improve work processes
- Evidence of health and safety & HR knowledge
- Strong IT skills
- Manages despatch efforts, including activities of all warehouse representatives
- Work with the technical team to enhance inventory system.
- Reviews targets for staff, providing any proposals to company management as well as sourcing efficient ways for staff to meet those targets.
- Continually monitor and evaluate packaging and despatch costings to ensure the business is optimising all materials and amending specification when appropriate.
- Responsible for proposals of annual budget process and regular monitoring of expenditures.
- Analyze and appraise the effectiveness of product stacking, methods, costs, and results
- Create, maintain and monitor records and reports; maintain shipping, receiving, and order fulfilment functions to ensure timely despatch operation.
- To ensure that productivity is high across all levels, and costs are acceptable by ensuring that despatch resources are planned and used in the optimum manner.
- Actively source new suppliers and ensure best market prices are achieved.
- Order warehouse stock effectively and efficiently, to enable maximum space in warehouse.
- Liaise with customer service management , communicating any weekly targets and or objectives for both departments. Ensure they are informed of any backlogs, and provide a date for the backlog to e cleared.
- To make sure that each member of staff is appropriately trained in product knowledge to allow a wide ranging portfolio of products and services to be placed on sale.
- Reporting of discrepancies – eg. Re-ordering triggers, shortfalls
- Monitors frequency of deliveries and recommends possible options to increase effectiveness of storage and stacking.
- Communicate with suppliers effectively and ensure good supplier relationships are maintained.
- Regularly review IT systems and ensure equipment is in full working order, reporting any issues to Head Office.
- Responsible for staff reviews, training and disciplinaries of all warehouse staff, you will work within the guidelines of staff contracts, ensuring that targets are met.
- Pre-empt rises in demand and report on suggested packaging requirements
- Provide direct support to warehouse managers, delegating tasks and overseeing the issues that arise during the working day.
My client is one of the UK’s fastest growing e-tail businesses, offering a unique opportunity to join their team with scope to develop into senior management.
My client is a leading distributor within their field. Operating in a very profitable market they are looking to double the turnover of the company within the next two years.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job