We currently have a vacancy for a Night Shift Supervisor on the 10pm-6am shift at our Basingstoke site.
You will be required to supervise duties and activities of a shift operation as instructed by line management to complete daily operational tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plan, organise and supervise shift activities and resource to meet operational requirements.
- Achieve agreed service levels and operational targets by supervising a team of operatives, recording shift effectiveness and identifying areas for improvement.
- Record productivity information and activity levels to enable line management to review shift effectiveness and adjust process / policy.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring the team comply with Statutory Law, Company Policy and the Safe Operation of Mechanical Handling Equipment based upon training provided.
- Supervise a team of staff in their area of responsibility to achieve set targets. First Line management of performance, attendance and discipline in compliance with company policy.
- Support line management on budget control by achieving quality, performance and process targets.
Skills and knowledge:
- Able to use Word, Excel, Power Point, and email facility.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to supervise staff performance/attendance/discipline issues and develop staff.
- Competent in the use of Warehouse Management Systems
- Previous experience in a Warehouse environment with some supervisory experience preferable.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good leadership skills.
Normal core hours of working will be 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday, 10pm-6am
There will be a requirement for flexibility.
Antalis is a global and market leading distributor of Paper, Packaging and Visual Communication products. In simple terms we source, purchase, store, sell and deliver a range of the above products, and we are the biggest at what we do in Europe. You probably touch our products most days without even knowing it. Our sales offices deal with a range of business to business customers, understanding what they need to meet their own customers demands, and working to supply it professionally at the best price.This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company who puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.