Warehouse Night Shift Manager
Warehouse Night Shift Manager
Position: Warehouse Night Shift Manager
Location: Salfords, Redhill
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 30th October 2018
For the role of Warehouse Night Shift Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you plan, co-ordinate, supervise and report on work activities of a team; providing effective communication, leadership, motivation, training & development
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Work in collaboration with other DHL sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice
* Manage sub-contractor performance within DHL parameters, agency
* Ensure key KPI's are met and reported to customer requirements
* Develop, implement and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
* Assist with ad-hoc customer requests
* Support change programs on site
* Develop strong relationships with key operational contacts
* Work with the depot teams to ensure the smooth running of the department
* Demonstrates sensitivity to diversity, harnesses difference, fosters positive stakeholder relationships
* Promote positive culture, supporting EOS initiatives
* Implement, monitor & control Health & Safety action plan for the department ensuring in line with site plan
* Manage performance (discipline & grievance, training, WOMS, TMS)
* Site Reporting
* Compliance to Health & Safety, fair working environment and standard operating procedures
* Escalate/justify any tacho infringements falling outside of legislation/company policy
* Provides constructive feedback
* Objectively assesses team members, grows team member skills and helps people achieve their full potential
* Is consistently open to feedback from others
* Display Active Leadership qualities, ie motivates & inspires, leads by example, understands and overcomes barriers to change
* Use relevant forums and tools to ensure the whole team are fully engaged
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* People Management
* Commercial Awareness
* Administration Experience
* Knowledge of Working Time Legislation
* Managing Teams
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKWorking HoursLocationRedhillShift RequirementNights/third shiftsJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionRelocation OfferedNoneCareer LevelTeam Leaders & ManagersTravel RequiredNo Business TravelResponsible forTravel ExtentNoneReports toChris SomersWork Permit RequiredYesTarget Hire Date10/29/2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'