Trafford Park, Manchester
Our client is a growing FMCG wholesale and distribution business with sites across the UK. They are passionate about what they do and they are looking for someone to join their warehouse team as Warehouse Manager. The role will be based at their recently set up Trafford Park warehouse and has lots of scope for growth. The Warehouse Manager would be expected to work flexibly as needed.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage and drive warehouse efficiency and accuracy across all warehouse teams and provide a reliable service to their customers. You will be responsible and accountable for the full warehouse operation and team.
Some of the day to day duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Plan and monitor pick order activity, investigating and resolving any issues encountered;
- Ensure high levels of quality control through actively inspecting appliances prior to goods received and goods out;
- Understand customer needs and ensure alignment with the needs/commitments of the business
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Coach, manage and develop warehouse staff and team leaders to optimise performance and meet targets and deadlines
- Communicate with warehouse staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Ensure effective warehouse and distribution operations by implementing department policies and procedures
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess on-going performance of direct reports
You will have:
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislative requirements;
- Extensive Warehouse Management experience in a similar environment in an FMCG environment;
- Proven experience managing teams;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A forklift license is desirable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today, confirming your salary expectations.
By clicking ‘apply’ and you will be taken to King of Jobs – Acapella Recruitment’s job portal, where you can submit your application for this role and manage your profile visibility for further opportunities with other companies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'