Warehouse Team Manager
Salary up to £24,000 plus pension
We are a sales and distribution company looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager who will be responsible for all warehousing and distribution activities at our site in Chorley. It will be a challenging role as the business is growing and the way in which the warehousing and distribution operation functions will need to evolve and react to the changes in the business.
The key responsibilities are:
- Managing the current team of 6 staff
- Managing the day to day planning and organisation of the warehouse functions including Goods in, Goods out and Stock Control
- Quality control
- Managing health and safety and fire risks
- Conducting appraisals and holding team meetings
- Maintaining the physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Coordinating racking and storing
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of all team members as well as continuously monitoring performance
- Working with colleagues to review procedures and make changes as necessary
- Being responsible for the site's security
The ideal candidate will have excellent man management skills and proven experience of managing a warehouse operation. In addition, the candidate will need to proactively advise management on best practices and have experience of using stock control software. We are also looking for a FLT licence.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.