A thriving business in the Chesterfield area are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their ever growing business. You will ideally have experience of working in the plastics sector to drive continuous improvement and help streamline warehouse operations.
You will lead and manage the Warehouse teams in completion of all daily duties, ensuring all products are stored picked and loaded in accordance with company requirements, whilst maintaining compliance with all QA and H&S standards and legislation.
Some of the main responsibilities
- Strategically lead and manage the warehouse operation in a positive proactive manner
- Ensure all members of the team have the correct skill set to perform their daily duties
- Communicate new and relevant information to the team
- Assist and drive the implementation of Lean operational techniques ensuring the warehouse management systems are adhered too.
- Manage the storage and product preservation of all products using best practice techniques
- Manage and ensure all vehicles are loaded in a safe and timely manner
- Problem solving and monitoring of the warehouse and logistics process
- Managing the procurement/receipt and processing of all packaging materials.
- Stock counts and verification and ensure inventory levels are maintained
- Ensuring the recording of accurate inventory figures on the computer system.
- Manage the efficiency of the logistics operation to ensure the budgetary targets are achieved
- Proper care, protection and safety of all company plant and assets, including workforce and visitors.
- Ensure compliance with all laid down company systems and procedures in particular, Health & Safety, ISO 9001 quality standard, Investors in People, legal requirements, site discipline, stock control and warehouse effectiveness.
- To achieve all site performance targets to agreed deadlines, in particular; Health & Safety, site housekeeping, site security, output, quality, training and cost reduction.
Job Role: Warehouse Manager
Type: Permanent role
If you are interested in applying for this position, please either email Ashley Bane on ashleyb @ Macildowie.com or contact him directly on .
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.