We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our site in Burgess Hill, up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience plus bonus scheme.
As a Warehouse Manager this role is responsible for the co-ordination of all warehouse resources and activity in order to satisfy Customer volume demand whilst retaining a drive and commitment for monitoring operational cost control, performance and continual improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for overall activity within the warehouse
- Ensure activities are resource and cost effective maximising operational efficiencies in line with agreed KPI’s
- Actively promote and support operational change and continual improvement
- Monitor, measure and ensure continued high levels of service to the customer
- Conduct daily briefings and ensure effective communications within the Operational Team
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to up line management e.g. transport, delivery schedules, warehouse accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Be proactive in the development and training of warehouse staff, conducting regular reviews
- Advise, lead and motivate team members and allow them to implement corrective measures
- Maintain and promote good industrial and employment relations on site and ensure potential problems are dealt with at an early stage
- Pro-actively manage staff welfare and performance improvement initiatives and core values
- Ensure the company are fully compliant at all times of all H & S responsibility and regulations
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience of successfully managing a Warehouse operation or demonstrates the ability to do that
- Demonstrates leadership skills - Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic and an effective communicator in order to build and lead a high performing team
- A proven ability to performance manage, mentor and coach members of the Warehouse team
- Ability to co-ordinate and delegate within a team whilst remaining operationally hands on, with the capability to co-ordinate daily activities
- Methodical and able to demonstrate and ability to manage and prioritise workload and tasks
- Possess an understanding of 3EX warehouse management system and MS office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrates and understanding and experience of the application of warehouse, health, safety and security laws & regulations
- Ability to manage change within a complex and growing operational environment
- Forward thinking with the ability to "think on your feet"
- Understand the value of the service they and their team are providing
- Experience of a providing outsourced warehousing for a range of clients distributing to both wholesale and e-commerce customers (desirable)
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick, pack and ship service for online businesses.
ILG plans continued growth through expanded services across the UK and beyond while maintaining its focus on people and quality. We are an ambitious fast paced growing business looking for motivated, talented and energetic individuals to come and join our expanding teams.
- Warehouse Management