Warehouse Manager (Steel)
Location: Maghaberry, Ireland
Salary: Competitive - Dependant on Experience
About the company:
Our client is a leading steel stockholding business employing 1200 employees across 26 locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. With 43 companies within the group, their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
Duties of the Warehouse Manager:
- Lead the operations team of 4 so as to continually achieve and wherever possible exceed productivity, operating cost, customer service and quality target levels across the range of supply chain activities undertaken by the site.
- Develop a "safety-first" approach and ensure that a strong customer-focus is created and sustained, through standardised application of lean techniques.
- Ensure that effective order scheduling takes place following communication between operations, planning and commercial functions.
- Develop through team-working a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure the provision, maintenance and operation of optimum operating capacity, including processing and distribution, to satisfy customer requirements both current and projected.
- Formulate and agree at business level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes at optimum cost base.
- Operate effective receipt, storage and despatch procedures.
- Maintain and recommend improvements as necessary to the condition and performance of site fabric and fixed assets.
- Recruit for the site, motivate, train and develop the site team.
Requirements of the Warehouse Manager:
- We are looking for an experienced people manager with well-developed technical and organisational skills who can demonstrate success gained in the manufacturing industry. Ideally you will have experience within steel or a similar industry.
- The right person will have a hands-on approach to supporting day to day ideally with a good understanding of Transport Planning and Transport Legalisation.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of health & safety leadership and as such have the relevant management training and experience, with good business and financial acumen.
- You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as IT based understanding
We provide a competitive salary, dependent on your experience with excellent career opportunities associated with a large, well respected business.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Warehouse Manager role is right for you then please apply today!