Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
To establish and implement warehouse plans for the Distribution Centre to meet current/future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with the Group, Regional and Distribution Centre goals.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist with Distribution Centre Operational Plans – establish and review Warehouse Plans, Responsibility Budgets and KPIs/ Targets
- Financial control within budgetary remit – contribution to operational efficiency
- Warehouse Cost Budgets
- Staff Recruitment/Retention – recruit, train and develop direct reports, Staff Training & Development Plans, implement Distribution Centre succession plan & manpower planning plans
- Health & Safety and Legal obligations – adherence to Company policies and procedures & ensure Group H&S policy is implemented and adhered to
- Stock integrity – ensure that Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with company policies
- Stores layout – achieve maximum productivity and operational efficiencies.
- Supply chain liaison – continuously asses stock holding/sales cover and review with supply chain
- Site contracts/maintenance – review all contracts and ensure that work is carried out to company standards.
- Customer Service
- Specified Project Management
- Communication Cascade (two-way)
- Distribution Centre Security
- Distribution & Operational strategy in line with Distribution Centre goals
- Control of fixed assets
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Essential: Management experience within a warehouse operation. Man management, commercial, analytical and communication skills. Change manager.
Desirable: Educated to HND/Degree Level and/or 5 years experience. PC and systems literate.
Employing over 10,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes, independent pubs, restaurants and hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well known national chains.
Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative products and services and is committed to improving both the environment and the communities it serves.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.