We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to provide leadership and direction in ensuring teams are delivering on time, on service and hitting performance & financial KPIs. Â The post holder will play a critical role in front line operations, whilst striving to continuously improve the efficiency of processes and build a culture of best practice, safety and excellent customer service.
Specific Experience Required
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying an analytical approach to work, delivering business results and achieving performance and service levels.
- The position will be shift based, alternating shifts of 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm each week, working 5 from 7 days per week (Sunday to Friday), including weekend working. Flexibility of hours will also be required in line with operational needs.
- Excellent people management skills, together with the ability to plan and manage resource and report KPI information with accuracy, are key skills for this role.
- This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a customer service approach to the job and build partnership relationships, formally and informally, with other departments to develop appropriate synergies across Site functions.
- The applicant will be conversant with modern distribution methods, the use of IT relevant systems and WMS and will always seek to enhance and improve existing processes and methods. You can find all our current job vacancies on Facebook We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community
- Ability to recruit, lead, develop and motivate direct reports so that they deliver, or exceed, objectives and KPIs and so that future potential is nurtured in line with business needs.
- Proven ability to lead teams by displaying skills of delegation, motivation, self-awareness, consistency and emotional intelligence.
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Health & Safety, Employment Law, The Equalities Act, etc.
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver the warehouse activities in a timely manner, whilst meeting agreed KPIs and Service Levels.
- Must be able to proactively identify improvement opportunities and effectively apply any changes to warehouse process or design to deliver a culture of continuous improvement
- Thrives in a challenging environment with multiple customers with a variety of service levels and time lines to exceed.
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative, focus and commitment and flexibility
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
- Experience and confidence in use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Methodical approach to statistical reporting and its accuracy, as well as incident reporting.
- Previously HACCP / IOSHH trained would be advantageous.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Computer Literate
- Management Skills