Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (Web Fulfilment)
Temptation Gifts is a long established, award winning retailer with six stores in the Home Counties. Our online operation began in 2000 and is continuing to grow year on year. We are based in The Vale, Chesham (HP5 3NJ) and offer a chance to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
We are looking for a Warehouse Fulfilment Manager/Supervisor to join our team.
Do you have the warehouse management experience we are seeking?
Do you have web fulfilment experience?
Do you understand the importance of establishing a strong team ethic in order to create an enjoyable and productive working environment?
The WarehouseFulfilment Manager/Supervisor will report to the Head of Distribution and the main duties will be as follows -
People Management - You will be responsible for the management of the Order Fulfilment Team.
As a seasonal business there will be times when you will be managing a team of 8 to 10 people, but there will be other times - October to December - when you will be required to supervise a team of over 40!
- You will need to be able to lead by example - setting clear objectives for yourself and the rest of the team.
- You will need to be able to manage and motivate a diverse team in a time constrained and target orientated environment
- You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to coach, develop and build effective relationships within the team.
- You will be involved in team briefings, reviews and absence management
Performance Management - You will be responsible for the management of all orders and for achieving pick/pack targets. You will
- Manage the pick feed to ensure that packers have sufficient orders at all times.
- Lead from the front by hitting personal targeted pick/pack rates.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Co-ordinator, the Training Officer, and the Stock Co-ordinator
- Ensure that parcels are weighed correctly and that correct shipping methods are used.
- Ensure that sufficient collections are organised by the carriers
- Carry out all administration - manually and on computer.
- Ensure the team is fully set up for the day and run morning briefings with the team
Physical Demands - This is not an office job -it will involve
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of each day
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, stretching and moving products
About you - Do you have;
- High Standards relating to reliability, punctuality and quality of work?
- Good written English and reliable numeracy?
- At least two years management /supervisory experience in a warehouse or web environment?
- Leadership skills plus the ability and desire to motivate a team?
- Good attention to detail and a desire to exceed given targets?
- A thorough understanding of computer based work?
- Flexibility and a positive can-do attitude
You must be able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines, have a keen eye for detail when picking or packing personally and an understanding that the only place to lead from - is the front.
Online retailing is an evolving business and we need managers who not only understand this but are always willing to go the extra mile.
Hours and benefits
The web warehouse currently operates between 8.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. seven days a week however you will need to show flexibility and be prepared to put in extra if required especially at peak seasonal times of the year. As a keyholder you will be first to arrive and last to leave.
You will be required to work 5 days each week which will include some weekends.
- You will get paid breaks both morning and afternoon and an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes.
- Staff Discount - 30% after two months employment
- Pension - Temptation Gifts offers the Nest Contributory Pension Scheme to all eligible employees
- Free Parking on site
- Kitchen and Dining area on site - with free tea, coffee, biscuits etc
- Salary -current salary scale for this position is £22,000 - £25,000 - subject to experience and probationary period.
- To Start - asap.
Your CV and/or covering letter
Please ensure that your CV is accurate and up to date. It must cover all periods of employment (or unemployment) in the last five years.
Please include a covering letter which states where you live, what transport you have available to travel to Chesham Vale and what period of notice you need to give your current employer.
- Order Management
- Organisational Skills
- Warehouse Management
- People Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'