This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual in people management, to come in and look after a team ranging up to 100 indirect reports and 4 direct reports. With responsibility of a large team, people management experience within a Warehouse, Logistics, Depot, or Distribution environment would be perfect!
• First line daily operational responsibility for your team’s workload, which should be discussed and delegated with the Section Leader(s)
• Building your team’s abilities so they are able to influence and change processes and systems to ensure a sustainable and cost effective operation. This includes instilling and demonstrating the identified standards and values in the management team
• Engage all the team members in identifying potential improvements in themselves and the department. This includes leading on these activities and ensuring completion through engagement and participation with relevant teams
• Manage performance of the team; including identification of the training and development requirements, and implement these requirements to ensure continuous development
• Manage attendance of the team; including ensuring that that sickness absence and annual leave procedures are adhered to
• Adhering to, and implementing, all company policies as outlined in company handbook
• Ensure fair opportunity and encourage all team members to contribute to the team in all aspects of their roles
• Ensuring individual; team and site health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and given a high priority
• Develop a customer focused approach to the processes you are responsible for, and progress these where possible to improve the customer experience
• To regularly deputise in the Senior Team Leader’s absence, within parameters agreed by them, and take accountability of the performance of the department during these times
• To undertake regular training, which is applicable to the duties of a Team Leader, in order to strive to improve the performance in the role
• Any other reasonable request pertaining to the operational requirements of the site
People management skills in a Supply Chain background in order to cope with large team responsibility.
Performance management skills including: setting and monitoring KPI's, conducting performance reviews, 1 to 1's, and disciplinaries.
Implementing process improvements and continuous improvement strategies to improve efficiency and cost savings within the warehouse.
Shifts are Sunday - Thursday operating on 7.5 hour shifts.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business