Warehouse Manager - Fashion Retail Ecomm
My client, a leading logistics provider, is looking to recruit a warehouse manager for their fashion retail client based in the Hertfordshire area.
Role: Warehouse Manager - Ecomm/Fashion Retail Logistics
Salary: Negotiable plus bonus, pension, death in service
You will be working for a Top 100 global forwarder with the ability to leverage enthusiasm, experience and resources to reduce costs, improve product availability and increase responsiveness throughout our client's global supply chains.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, hard-working Warehouse Manager who has extensive experience in managing a value added warehouse. The site focuses on a fashion retail contract and embraces the company's Core Values.
- Manage the day-to-day functions for a smooth operation, across the three shifts we run to manage the client's stock.
- Champion a safe working environment, ensures Health & Safety is adhered to across the site and on all shifts.
- Promote an efficient working environment, encouraging and driving our section leaders to utilize the workspace in a smart, safe and structured manner.
- Achieve and exceed the clients targets, requests and expectations and deliver on Key Performance Indicators while observing budgetary constraints throughout the year.
- Communication to the client via weekly calls and daily emails to manage their expectations while ensuring we achieving and exceeding Customer targets.
- Manage and Coordinate with your section leaders to drive enhanced performance to exceed the company's expectations.
- Develop section leaders to manage their individual sections to ensure customer expectations are in line with KPI’s
- Plan and execute ECOM/Web sales, clearly communicating with staff, client and the team leaders to ensure all additional workload is actioned smoothly.
- Complete value-added tasks in a timely and professional manner for a smooth service delivery to the client.
- Strong administration skills, ensuring all work is captured and invoiced including creating/managing/reviewing site documentation (SOPs, KPIs and H&S) and ensuring all relevant monthly/yearly checks are actioned and recorded correctly.
- Work flexibly and manage staff to ensure enough cover, arrange extended and extra shifts when required to meet customer requirements
- Maintains warehouse staff results by recruiting, coaching, mentoring and disciplining fewer than 60 FTEs plus temporary staff.
- Responsible for all servicing of site equipment, site permits to work and contractor packs.
- Prepares and presents plans for operational peaks and operational projects. Ensuring to look forward 6 months.
- Helps to plan and action the client's annual stocktake and monthly peak periods toward the end of each month.
Skills & Experience required:
- Excellent communication skills, as the role requires extensive customer, recruitment and supplier contact at various levels.
- Excellent, focused and clear planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills with a 'can do’ mindset
- Familiarity with JDA or similar Warehouse Management Systems.
- Process reengineering; Working with the customer and operational team to review SOP’s & processes to ensure a continuous improvement culture
- Experience in a 'Value Added’ environment, preferably in Fashion
- Experience in people management including knowledge of disciplinary/grievance/mentoring processes
- Able to 'think on their feet’ while working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a busy and demanding environment
- Good knowledge of dispatch on multiple retail omni-channels: web, wholesale & retail stores
- MS Office intermediate level
- IOSH qualified / good knowledge of current H&S regulations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'