Heatons part of the Sports Direct Group; one of Ireland’s leading retailers are seeking to recruit a Warehouse Manager responsible for Stock Control and Space Management; based within their Distribution Centre in Antrim.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Distribution and be part of the wider warehouse management team; supporting the logistics services provided to the Sports Direct and Heatons retail stores in Ireland. This role is critical to support accurate replenishment of sales product to stores in a timely manner.
Stockfile Accuracy /Auditing
Manage warehouse stock holding accuracy and investigate discrepancies across the following areas:
- Supplier Delivery and Goods Receiving.
- Warehouse operational stock movements & transfers.
- Picking Accuracy for Stores.
- Completion and analysis of Picker Accuracy Checks
- Accuracy of transfers between Group Warehouses.
- Internal & External system movements.
- Complete Warehouse Stocktakes twice per year.
Produce data to analyse issues highlighted with action taken; working with operational managers to achieve completion.
Warehouse Space Management
Utilise inventory change information and consider seasonal impacts to take action as below:
- Space Plan to maximise stockholding.
- Consider opportunities to maximise operational efficiency.
- Set-up new Location types as required.
- Carry-out stock movements & consolidation for space creation.
- Project Plan for warehouse re-layouts, considering resource and equipment requirements.
- Manage team efficiency and effectiveness through performance appraisals, training etc.
- Manage absence and holidays in line with company requirements.
- Well organised and able to manage a demanding workload.
- Computer literate and able to work with all Microsoft Office Applications in addition to using bespoke company systems.
- Accurate and methodical in all working practices.
- Ability to analyse data and problem solve.
- Capable of high levels of attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator.
- Experience of stock control and costings; within a retail warehouse environment preferable but not essential.
- Friendly, polite, approachable and a team player.
- Full clean driving licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job