Hours of work: Mon - Fri, Hourly pay rate £10.34.
Main duties would include:
Undertaking a wide range of Logistics duties include Receiving Goods and Issuing, ordering and stock control within the Stores. Packing and preparing items for shipping. Manifesting of Diplomatic mail. Recording and processing of disposals. Management and servicing of tooling. Collection and delivery of mail.Operations facilities. Customer services. Security screening. Data Entry.
• Accurate data input for Track and Trace.
• Identifies and communicates opportunities to reduce waste and save money.
• Complete corporate data requirements in a timely manner.
• Complete charging processes.
• Processing all items in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure all products are delivered within the departmental KPI’s.
• Provide customers with regular, informative updates and responses covering all .areas of logistical services, escalating any issues in a timely manner.
• Offer assistance to colleagues and cross working between areas within the department, providing flexibility to all area’s Stores, Disposals, Tooling, Holding Stores, Goods In, Despatch and Mail Room.
Processes (Efficiencies and Effectiveness)
• Ensure all goods are handled in an appropriate manner and are in good order.
• Checking orders against paperwork, highlighting discrepancies and recommending solutions.
• Creating paperwork to an appropriate standard and allowing ongoing Track, Trace and Audit.
• Enter information onto various systems to generate label, delivery note and invoice information.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
• Adhere to company Policy and procedures, ensuring Health & Safety standards are met, working to high standards within the operating area, clean, safe environment.
• Ensure all daily checks are carried out for vehicles/machinery trained to use.
• Ensue security standards and protocols are maintained and upheld.
Learning and Growth
• Identify and suggest areas where there is scope for improving working practices;
• Contributing to continuous improvement of the Services and Logistics Despatch, taskforces and lessons learned forums.
• Communicating information up the organization.
• Ensuring own professional development through the Training Development Matrix.
Essential skills required:
• Sound Knowledge and experience of working within a logistics environment.
• Articulate and accurate data entry for IT systems to deliver efficient and effective Operations.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
• Up to date knowledge of manual handling procedures.
• Ability to learn and carry out new processes and tasks.
• Clear understanding of Health & Safety requirements in an operational facility.
• Ability to gain security clearance.
• Able to use basic hand tools.
• An awareness of Government Security requirements.
• Fork lift Truck experience.
• Customer Services experience.
If you have the neccessary experience and skills required, please apply online now or call Kristine on 01908 660057 for more information.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job