Due to company expansion, we are opening a new Regional Fulfilment Centre in Chadderton, including a distribution centre and a trade counter. The distribution warehouse needs a talented and highly motivated Warehouse/Distribution Supervisor that will align with the Company’s strong culture and values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition.
As a 'Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 45 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs over 260 employees across 33 sites promoting our goals of 'Best Product, Best Price and Best Service’. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to our people and believe it is important to always demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour. Our people are trusted and we allow our managers to work autonomously with their teams, whilst supporting them when needed.
The warehouse will be part of the Regional Fulfilment Centre, working with the trade counter to achieve success, but will have its own targets, budgets and responsibilities.
As the Warehouse Supervisor of a new site located in Chadderton, you will get to have a hand in recruiting the team and be involved with the set up of the warehouse from the start. You will be working in partnership with the trade counter, understanding that all departments will succeed together. You will excel at building strong relationships with your colleagues and actively motivate, train and develop the team to deliver truly exceptional service. You will be an effective communicator and excel at organising both yourself and others through the ability to plan, prioritise and delegate. You will lead and inspire your team to achieve the very highest levels of performance.
You will have a proven background in warehouse management and should be able to exhibit your achievements in this area. Experience in training would also be an advantage. You will be extremely flexible as the start up of the new branch and fulfilment centre will call for different shifts and rotas.
In return, you will receive a salary between £25k-£30k plus bonus along with private healthcare, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance Scheme as standard.
The role will be 40 hours per week, initially between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday, moving to 40 hours per week, over 7 days, between 6am and 9pm. Full driving licence required.
Please apply on our website, including your CV and a covering letter, detailing why you feel you are the person we need.
Applications close Wednesday 21st March and interviews will take place week commencing 26th March 2018.
The main purpose of this role is to lead a new internal Distribution Centre and E-Fulfilment operation starting 5 days a week, through a period of transition and change to evolve to a 7 days a week, 6am-9pm centre. Build a fast-paced internal distribution centre, open up and expand our regional 7 days a week same day/next day E-Fulfilment delivery service.
Responsibilties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the E-Fulfilment service, develop and improve procedures to transition to a 7 days a week service between 6am and 9pm
- Transport management supplying goods over the Greater Manchester area via our own fleet of vehicles
- Oversee our WMS system, stock location, traceability and stock management focusing on continuous improvement to achieve our goal of 100% OTIF and 100% internal and external customer service
- Drive sales and profitability forward
- Deliver outstanding customer service and control costs without compromising the customer experience
- Support budgeting and forecasting
- Manage Health and Safety within the Distribution Centre and E-Fulfilment
- Budget management, P+L
- Stock audits/outcomes
- Lead team to meet goals and objectives
- Improve warehouse layout to maximise efficiencies within the Distribution function - narrow aisle, live storage etc
- Continuous improvement initiatives to improve warehouse efficiencies
- Upskill and develop Distribution team skills and maintain moral and team spirit within the organisation
- Minimise the risk of errors & obtain internal customer service to +99.5%
- Implement stock management principles to reduce stock losses and improve stock integrity.
- Perpetual inventory management to ensure each item checked 4 times to min 1 per year.
- Implement Supplier delivery performance monitoring
- Control of aged stock - stock rotation, identify, action, resolve
- Implement WMS System
- Ensure scanners used in all picking / packing operations within Distribution
- Bar-coding, own labels to identify ALL PARTS incoming into warehouse
- Responsible for Health and Safety for the Manchester Warehouse
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and competencies:
- Experience of fast paced FMCG distribution environment
- Customer service / sales experience
- Logistics and transport management experience
- Site management
- Prepared to cover core hours and operate shift patterns to suit business needs
- Good team player with excellent cross departmental communication skills
- Able to prioritise tasks, deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting demands
- Meeting changing demands and finding the best solutions for the company needs
- Following processes and operating within rules and guidelines
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Paying attention to the wider context and bigger picture to inform your decisions
- Thinking ahead to anticipate and prevent problems before they happen
- Constantly looking for ways to help and serve others
- Naturally focusing on the small things that others easily miss, ensuring accuracy
- Motivating and inspiring others to make things happen
- Creating conditions for people to grow and develop for themselves
- self-motivated, pushing hard to achieve goals
- Supervisory Experience