Warehouse Deputy Team Leader
Our client based on the outskirts of Ware is recruiting a Warehouse Deputy Team Leader to join their friendly and busy team. Working within a small team, you will be responsible for supervising a team of two full-time Warehouse Operatives and 2 Part-Time Warehouse Operatives in the Warehouse Team Leader’s absence. You will be required to work from 7am - 5 pm Monday - Friday. Applicants must have own transport due to location of the business. Our client prefers to recruit on a temp -perm basis but will also consider permanent only.
The permanent salary for this role is £21,500 pa, plus company bonus scheme of £3,000 - £4,000 per annum.
Successful candidates should have some team leading experience and have experience of working within a busy hands on warehouse environment.
The job involves the delivering of customer’s orders and falls into 2 main areas of operation:
- The Warehouse Logistics area of order fulfilment
- Production area of customization/further work and basic assembly of products
This includes goods inwards; booking in supplier deliveries and putting goods away on shelves, replenishing of picking areas from bulk stocks, Picking of plain goods for customer’s orders or for customisation in Production and dispatching of goods on various different carriers.
This involves the bespoke/customisation area of our business including picking and processing of goods and bespoke kit packing. This may also include other further work to products such as basic assembly and kit compilation.
- Fulfil customer’s orders in a timely, efficient & accurate manner
- Maintain a tidy, efficient & safe working environment
- Ensure that all company lead times are met.
- Take responsibility ultimately for the warehouse logistics and production part of the process
- See the carriers off each day
Roles & Responsibilities
- Goods Inwards - booking in suppliers goods daily and booking in returns daily
- Putting away goods in the warehouse daily
- Receiving /Unloading deliveries daily
- Picking goods and deal with customers’ orders daily
- Shelf replenishment from bulk stock daily
- Forklift work daily
- Despatching - dealing with carriers and cabs
- Checking all parcels against pick notes before despatch
- Labelling parcels for despatch daily
- Loading up of parcels to courier daily
- Kit packing
- Light assembly when required
- Daily KPIs Operations report
- K Screen reconciliation
- Allocated goods in report reconciliation
- Racking checks
- Ensure warehouse is kept tidy and clear
- Stock counts, cyclic counts
- Company car checks
Qualification / Certificates / Licenses (Preferred, not essential)
- Forklift licence-Counter balance
- Forklift licence-Bendi
- WAVE Licence
- Committed to company growth
- Ability to prioritise workload to maximize effective use of time
- Team Player - good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Presentable, Literate, Articulate & Personable
- Willing to go the extra mile with a positive, "can-do" attitude
- Neat and tidy personality
- Previous experience of Computer Systems