The UK's largest home delivery courier network, Hermes will deliver more than 260 million parcels this year on behalf of the biggest names in retail and our network of over 14,500 hard working lifestyle Couriers make this happen providing a high quality doorstep service. We employ over 2,500 people; delivering parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
As one of our Warehouse control room assistants you will assist in driving forwards the overall performance of the Control Room operation. You'll assist in monitoring and controlling the movements of the Parcels and vehicles throughout the Hub to ensure operational requirements of the shift are met.
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Utilizing the hub operating systems and site observations to safely control and monitor the flow of parcels
- To flag when issues arise with the sortation equipment and provide solutions and provide clear instructions to the relevant people to resolve the issue
- To escalate issues when they arise and inform the relevant parties, identify faults, investigate and provide pro-active solutions and recommendations to issues within the operation
- Responsibility for monitoring and updating the operation and take remedial action to identify and improve the overall performance within the operation
- Responsibility to change traffic for the outbound closing of trailers and confirm that all information is correct
- Provide accurate and reports within set guidelines and timescale to all aspects of the business
- Liaise with all aspects of the operation to adopt a cohesive approach to ensure an awareness about the wider business issues which may affect your response to situations-Availability of vehicles, issues with labels and to liaise with client managers to resolve the issue, security issues for violated parcels investigating this through Vitronics and other avenues of information
- Effectively communicate any issues from the previous shift using handover reports
- Working closely and building strong relationships with all aspects of the operation whilst treating internal customers the same as external customers to meet all requirements across the network
- Act as 1st point of call for all incoming communications through voice radio's & telephone but also written communications
- Using our camera system (Vitronics) effectively to identify no-reads, multiple reads, feeding back the information to the operation
- Accurately and effectively interpret written and verbal requests with minimum of disruption
- Fully flexible in the duties that you are tasked with, within the Control Room
- Ensure that a safe & healthy work environment exists, by adhering to company health & safety and environment policies to achieve the full compliance with the relevant legislation and assisting the Hub manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Analytical thinking and ability to problem solve quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including use of spreadsheets & databases
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic when working as part of a team or on own initiative
- Abilities to effectively run multiple tasks at once
- Proven organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to positively challenge
- Being able to analyze, interpret and report on data
- Ability to report accurate information to a tight schedule
- Shift work including weekends (Nights as well covering holidays only)
- Immediate start available
- Knowledge of parcel processing & delivery networks
- Experience with warehouse operating system
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'