Horizon Search & Selection are currently seeking a Warehouse Contract Supervisor to join our client, an industry leading logistics firm on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, on a full time and permanent basis.
This involved and exciting position would suit a bright and on-the-ball character who has previously held a Team Leadership / Management / Supervisory role within a busy warehouse or distribution centre and has top-notch people skills and administrative abilities, as well as confidence when dealing with customers.
Our client are a thriving logistics firm who are industry leaders, providing not only warehousing and logistics solutions, but also working in partnership with their customers to provide tailor-made service solutions, including customer service centres, e-commerce and engineering/repair services.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Working closely with the customer to understand their logistics requirements and expectations, to help deliver to their needs
- Re-enforcing customer expectations and standards to warehouse workers; ensuring they are aware of expectations and work within company and customer guidelines
- Oversee operational activities such as picking, packing, intake, putting away, labelling and dispatch, ensuring smooth and efficient processes
- Ask questions and show an interest in the customer; gaining an insight into their requirements will help you to devise business improvement suggestions which can be invaluable
- Train, develop and motivate warehouse workers - be a strong, fair leader and seek to and improve productivity as well as develop potential in workers where possible
- Support the team to ensure stock records are kept up to date and accurate
- Work closely with workers, Contract Managers, Supervisors and others to ensure compliance to H&S standards as well as adherence to other internal procedures
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
We are seeking the following skills and experiences:
- Considerable experience in a busy warehousing and logistics environment
- Experience of leading teams and working at Management / Leadership / Supervisory level
- Strong IT literacy; confident in using a range of warehousing management systems and other IT applications
- Good standard of education and a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent open, friendly and clear communication skills - a team player who is confident dealing with workers, seniors and customers
- Full clean UK driving licence
Please note that our client is based on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, with very limited public transport, therefore would best suit applicants with their own means of transport.
If you feel this role may suit you and then please get in touch! You can apply through our website or via Reed.co.uk
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Operational Activities
- Team Leadership