Reports To: Warehouse Operations Manager
Location: Markham Vale
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Markham Vale site as a Contract Manager Reporting directly to the Warehouse Operations Manager this is a managerial position with day to day management responsibility dedicated to providing a service to one client on a multi user site. This warehouse is a complex operation delivering high levels of service for brand market leaders. You will maximize site operational performance by providing a strong ethos of high performance for your customer by having a complete understanding of the operation, and closely managing customer requirements and ensuring that a variety of challenging KPIs are consistently achieved.
· Responsible for agreeing the alignment of warehouse operational activities to meet the customer SLA.
· Interface with transport / other hauliers to ensure movements in / out are aligned to the customer contact KPIs and can be achieved consistently.
· Ensure all KPI’s are achieved consistently to meet the customer’s expectations.
· Preparation of statistical data to support customer reporting requirements / service reviews.
· Obtaining the customer forecast and working with Ops to build in to the overall site plan.
· Work closely with the customer / GB Ops Team to agree / deliver a smooth workflow for the warehouse which may include agreeing changes to delivery schedules.
· Oversee the customer export activity to ensure the relevant service KPIs are met.
· Ensure the stock control measures in place are effective and provide an accurate view of stock balances.
· A key point of contact for the customer on a day to day basis.
· Develop and lead a culture of continuous improvement with the development of new and innovative ways of working in order to enhance operational performance, people development and increase value for the business.
· Closely manage business financial targets to ensure the attainment of improved financial performance through effective cost management.
· Pro-actively manage any other internal or external relationships as necessary ensuring a high level of professionalism at all times.
· Identify and implement appropriate visual management techniques and control measures for the operation to ensure full compliance to the customer SLA.
· Responsible for ensuring any customer specific consumables are available as required – e.g. packaging / labels / pallets.
Well educated, ideally to degree level and with a proven track record at this level within the 3rd Party / in-house Logistics sector, you will need to be a self-starter who possess above average enthusiasm and commitment, essential attributes for the role will include:
· A demonstrable track record in managing customer relationships and account management in a logistics environment.
· Ability to think and work both strategically and operationally.
· A positive can do outlook with the determination and tenacity to succeed.
· Proven ability of where personal drive, commitment and enthusiasm has led to Business success
· Experience of CIP, ideally including formal programs such as Kaizan, Six Sigma and Lean would be advantageous
· Excellent communication skills, ability to converse at all levels.
· Previous knowledge and experience or a retail type environment would be an advantage.
· A highly confident and proactive individual able to represent the Company and customer.
· Experience of managing COMAH and MHRA licence environments would be an advantage.
· Ability to influence and negotiate change.
· Ability to compile and interrogate statistical data.
Measures & Performance:
· Internal KPI’s and SLA’s.
· Efficiency of resources utilised.
· Cost management.
· Customer satisfaction.
· Overall warehouse performance.
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job