Our client are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Chargehand to join their team in Didcot on a permanent basis.
The client are an internationally leading company in the manufacturing of coated fabrics.
Role And Responsibilities
The following bullet points outline the key day to day tasks of the role:
- Overseeing the warehouse operation & staff under the "arms length" direction of the Customer Services Manager and ensuring they work in an accurate and efficient manner throughout the working day ensuring a safe affable working environment; at all times, for everyone,
- Ensuring the security of the warehouse at ALL times, including at the end of the working day.
- Ensuring the security of the fabric stock
- Supervising the preparation of all orders & working on the shop floor preparing orders as required,
- Utilising the SAP system & UPS World-Ship software.
- Ensuring all orders are packed & labelled correctly and despatched to their correct destination
- Ensuring orders where pre agreed nuances are in place are prepared to a client’s specification
- Ensuring all stock is stored in a safe manner, in the correct locations & recorded accurately in SAP
- Organising the shipment of all sample requests and ensuring all samples, colourcards etc are stored securely
- Highlighting potential fabric quality issues prior to preparation and\or despatch
- Advising the Accounts Manager of what warehouse consumables are required
- Ensuring the fabric stock is used in an efficient manner i.e. stock rotation
- Responsible for Health & Safety in the warehouse & adjacent office reporting any issues to the Health & Safety Manager
- Under the direction of the Accounts Manager obtain quotes & oversee contractors to ensure work is carried out on time & to spec and within budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of offsite exhibition stands as necessary.
- Ensuring the warehouse and adjacent offices are a clean & safe environment to work in at all times
- Follow up fabric orders via the Customer Services Manager,
- Liaising with courier companies including: UPS, Hacklings, Schenker, Kuehne & Nagel &\or others,
- Oversee under the direction of the Customer Services Manager the warehouse function to obtain the most efficient output
- Working on "bespoke " projects as requested by the General Manager
- Counter Balance Fork Lift License Holder
- Continually suggest to their line Manager potential department improvements within Group policies.
- Report issues of concern relating to the warehouse operation via their line manager
- Attend Training Courses as requested
- Any other reasonable request within the operation of the business
- Implement working practices to ensure:
- The Warehouse is working in a safe & efficient manner AT ALL TIMES
- Procedures are set up & fully implemented to ensure the staff, warehouse, stock & buildings are secure during the working day, locked each evening & all alarms set correctly.
- The Warehouse Team is able to utilise UPS’s Worldship programme without the need for frequent supervision & intervention
- The Customer Services & Warehouse Teams work in tandem & ensure the stock is used in an efficient manner i.e. stock rotation & fulfilment
- Orders where pre agreed nuances are in place are prepared to a client’s specification
- Highlight potential fabric quality issues prior to preparation and\or despatch
- The Warehouse Team are continually updated as to the arrival of deliveries & containers
- Due consideration is given to staff holidays regarding container deliveries peak periods etc.
- All department holidays are authorised & logged with Human Resources.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
A likeable, and a "can do" approach is more important than certificates although a good level of education is a bonus. The role is not office based and the successful candidate will be expected to work in the warehouse each day. Previous warehouse experience is essential as is physical fitness and PC literacy
- A desire to supply internal & external "customers" with industry leading logistics service
- Physically fit
- An eye for detail
- A right "first & every time" mentality
- A business like telephone manner
- Accurate record keeping
- Experience with SAP or willing to learn \ IT friendly
- Respectful of H&S and the need to work within H&S criteria at all times in line with company policy
- Comfortable at working under pressure
- Comfortable with reporting to their Manager what maybe on occasions contentious issues i.e. mistakes
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday, 0900 - 1700 and Friday is 0900 - 1600
Pay: £22,000 per annum with bonuses
This role is permanent with an immediate start for the right candidate. The client will want to see CV’s and any successful candidate will be invited for an interview.
Please submit your CV by clicking 'Apply’.
- Stock Rotation
- SAP system