Warehouse Assistant & Delivery Driver - Pest Control Products
WAREHOUSING & LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Full Training & Induction Given.
Littlehampton, West Sussex.
Monday - Friday 11:30 - 20:00. Meals break 30 minutes, 15:30 - 16:00.
Must have prior experience of working in a warehouse and logistics environment, preferably within the mail-order sector. Must be computer literate and familiar with using shipping software packages for processing customer orders. Must have a full clean UK manual driver's licence.
This is a physically demanding job that involves some lifting and carrying of boxes in a very busy shipping department. It also involves 2-3 hours of driving each day. The person should be confident on the telephone and used to dealing with customers and suppliers. The company is a small family-run business that is rapidly growing. By the very nature of the size of the company, the successful applicant will need to be prepared to work in a dynamic environment and embrace process changes implemented regularly by the Company as it grows and moves into new markets. Initiative and self motivation are vital attributes required in this role, there will be minimal support given to the incumbent after the initial training period is complete.
Maths and English to O-level or GCSE C-grade or above. A full clean UK driving licence is essential. A current counterbalance forklift licence would be considered an advantage.
- Picking and packing customer orders.
- Delivering goods daily in a company vehicle to our logistics partners' parcel hub between 17:30 and 20:00
- Processing customer shipments through the company’s online administration portal.
- Receiving goods-in, checking for any damage-in-transit or missing items and processing them into storage.
- Entering customer shipments into logistics partners software systems.
- Generating daily shipping manifests for logistics partner collections.
- Releasing customer shipments into the possession of logistics partners for shipping.
- Dealing with customers and suppliers on the telephone with regard to progress of customer shipment, lost shipments and returns.
- Notifying customers by telephone of any stock shortages or back orders and keeping them informed of likely delivery date.
- Arranging special deliveries and international shipments for customers with logistics partners.
- Preparing and dispatching the company’s daily mail, to include mail-shots.
- Carrying out stock takes and entering the results into the company’s stock control system.
- Monitoring stock levels both via the company’s stock control software and manually.
- Advising Warehouse Manager in a timely manner of potential stock shortages.
- Preparing stock orders from suppliers for authorization by Supply Chain & Logistics Manager.
- Prepare bulk-purchased goods into retail-sized packages and applying product labels.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly and structured working environment.
- Assist with incoming customer & supplier calls during busy periods by taking telephone messages.
You will join an existing team of dedicated and hard-working warehouse staff and will share their responsibilities and workload as our business grows, plus take on sole responsibility for the delivery of all the company's next-day service shipments to the parcel hub of our logistic partner currently based in Crawley (subject to change but within a 50-mile radius of Littlehampton) between 17:30 and 20:00 making a round trip in one of our company delivery vehicles.
If this sounds like an opportunity not to be missed then come and join our growing team, apply today and make the change of a lifetime.
We offer full private medical cover for you and your spouse and children (under 18) a workplace pension scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"