We are looking for Apprentice Warehouse Assistants to join us in our Gatwick and Crawley facilities. Apprentice starting salary: £15,000 per annum. Shift Pattern: 40 hour week with allocated study time, 5 days out of 7 varying Monday through Sunday.
As an apprentice warehouse assistant, you are involved in every aspect of the smooth running of our busy warehouse, from producing order pick list to final dispatch of goods. Supporting and assisting with stock control of clients’ products. Active involvement with continuous improvement projects, training and taking responsibility for ensuring the workplace environment is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete a level 2 certificate in Warehousing and Storage. You will work closely with your assessor at Campus training to complete your apprenticeship which usually takes 12 months to complete.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for the pick, pack and shipping a range of products to our clients on a daily basis
- Quality checking goods, gift wrapping and packaging to the clients required standards
- Accurate use of the order management system and accurate picking of order items
- Ensure correct shipping information is processed and displayed ready for courier collection
- General maintenance responsibilities of your area in line with health and safety policies
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Enjoy working as part of a target driven ambitious team
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard working and enjoy seeing job through to completion
- IT literate and confident to use IT systems
- Retail / Order fulfilment experience desirable but not essential
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development and twice yearly salary review opportunities
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick, pack and ship service for online businesses.
Awarded UKWA Warehouse company of the year 2017 ILG plans continued growth through expanded services across the UK and beyond while maintaining its focus on people and quality. We are looking for motivated, talented, adaptive and energetic individuals to come and join the ILG Team.