Warehouse / Stock Control Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on skills and experience, plus benefits
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours a week
Location: Desborough, Northants
Our client, Cheaney Shoes Limited, is a long established, well known, high quality shoe manufacturer and retailer, winning the most prestigious business award for the third time of the Queen's Award for Enterprise for International Trade in 2016. They have retail stores in London, Leeds and Cambridge with a factory shop in Desborough, Northants and an e-commerce site to complement their strong wholesale base.
Warehouse / Stock Control Manager - The Role:
Due to pending retirement, they wish to recruit to replace this role for someone to join their small team at Head Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to make a difference and succeed in a company that has great growth potential.
Warehouse / Stock Control Manager - Key Accountabilities:
- To have responsibility for the receipt of all goods in / goods out of the factory warehouse.
- To pick, pack, despatch - despatches are wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
- To have responsibility for the control and security of all physical stock in the Warehouses
- To manage stock and ensure that all stock records of goods are accurate and properly maintained
- To manage sales order processing - book in-stock orders received into the order management system
- To manage customer service - handle general email communication from internal or external sources and deal with wholesale / retail telephone enquiries.
- To liaise with the Export Department to ensure correct invoice and freight documentation for goods
- To liaise with all the Company's retail shops to ensure stock is replenished speedily to maximise sales and deal with seasonal returned stock.
- To monitor store stock transfers and receipts dealing with any discrepancies through order management to the retail shops.
- To monitor stock replenishment levels for certain product categories and instigate re-order
- To liaise with carriers as necessary
- To monitor and manage stock control of consignment accounts, arranging stock takes at least twice per annum as well as periodic warehouse stock takes.
- To lead and manage the warehouse staff team to achieve all objectives
Warehouse / Stock Control Manager - Person Specification:
- Have previous proven experience using IT stock management programmes
- Have previous experience of managing and leading employees
- Be flexible
- Be articulate
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication skills to be able to converse at all levels and especially with customers
- Have good team working skills
- Have a positive attitude
- Be highly organised
- Warehouse skills using IT stock management programmes