Warehouse and Operations
Hours of work: 9.00am till 6.30 Monday to Friday but must be flexible as will be required to work later when covering runs and holidays, overtime will be paid for this.
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for assisting in the smooth running on a day to day basis, ensuring all material is processed and despatched in a timely and efficient manner. The role involves assisting in the co-ordinating all aspects of the operation including storage, warehouse, customer services, operations and cover driving duties. This is a multi-skilled position and the job holder will prove competence in a variety of tasks.
Assisting in the entire general day to day running of the facility incorporating all but not limited to the following;
- Ensuring that security is maintained always
- To manage all storage locations - To ensure that all goods in or out are documented and recorded and updated on the existing management spreadsheet and in future onto our storage system
- To assist in the upload of all the storage material that we currently hold onto our pending storage management system
- To report immediately any missing or damaged items to the General Manager
- To include all stock movements in and out from Bicester
- To create a paperwork trail of all goods despatched or received and in what condition and file in appropriate location.
- To manage all company vehicles, ensuring that all vehicle check lists and all other elevated documentation is completed in line with the companys health and safety policy
- To record weekly mileage and ensure that vehicles are safe and road worthy
- To prepare a file for each vehicle with all the relevant documents held within it
- To manage the booking in of all services and arrange cover vehicles as and when required insuring that all insurance is in place before driving.
- To make the Directors aware immediately of all accidents, and to be responsible for the relevant drivers to complete the necessary paperwork along with photographic evidence for our records.
- To manage the warehouse and ensure that any goods in or out are updated on the spreadsheet and in future onto our storage system
- Ensuring that correct pricing is allocated to non-tariffed jobs as and when booked in
- Ensuring that jobs that you handle have the correct insurance values and cover as and when requested
- Fulfilling cover driving duties as and when required.
- To check all pods and tracking, chasing information that falls outside of acceptable deadlines and ensuring that notes are input on all jobs, and to report to the General Manger PODS that are missing daily.
- Assisting to ensure all transport requirements for both inbound and outbound material is arranged.
- Assisting with maintenance of the warehouse to ensure a clean and tidy operation both inside and outside the facility
- Driving when required to cover holiday and sickness
- Good communication skills
- Min 1 year customer service experience in courier business
- Must have a clean driving license
- Able to work well in a team
- Previous experience working with Metafour System is preferred but not essential
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.