Warehouse and Operations Manager immediately required for a growing and innovative company.
Your new company
Working for an expanding wholesale and manufacturing organisation based in Guildford, Surrey.
Your new role
In your new role duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for entire warehouse operation including - goods inwards, picking, despatch, and all stock taking requirements.
- Responsible for overall productivity and all members of warehouse staff.
- Ensuring efficient and safe operation of all warehousing activities are carried out, adhering to company health and safety requirements.
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members and Identify any training requirements.
- Maximize the use of appropriate systems and resources to fulfil customer orders and ensure all key performance indicator targets are met.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Implement any new working practices and strategies that will benefit the department and assist the growth of the company.
- To oversee all customer returns and ensure that all get returned to suppliers, or credited and disposed of in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective Communication with all departments
- Keep internal IT system updated and inputting any information required.
- Organise and prioritise workload to meet critical deadlines.
- Forklift operation as necessary.
- Responsible alongside other senior Managers for building security, opening, closing, setting alarms.
- Any other reasonable tasks compatible with the position that may be required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of working as a Warehouse Manager is essential.
- A Wholesale or Manufacturing background will be highly beneficial.
- Experience managing a team of both Supervisors and Operatives.
- Forward thinking with the ability to problem solve and make common sense decisions.
- Good IT skills, SAP knowledge desirable.
- Experience implementing new processes and monitoring KPIs will be highly beneficial.
- Experience working with a large number of SKUs would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Pay is between £35,000 - £45,000 per year depending on experience + holiday and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job