Warehouse and Distribution Manager
One of our UK's largest food and Distribution Client is seeking a pro-active and operational minded Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join their team in the Nottingham operation. My client has a nationwide presence across multiple sites and executes the very best customer experiences at all times. They are looking for a Warehouse and Distribution Manager to manage and be accountable for storage and distribution of goods. You will ensure Products are delivered to the right location within timescale and in budget. Managing Transportation, stock control and warehousing is a key fundamental of this role, understanding the whole supply chain is important to becoming a key member within this Position Driving the business forward.
A Hands on Approach is crucial to this position as you will be leading by example, Managing shift managers, a transport manager, warehouse and transport staff. Coming from a Foodservice background is essential and being located within a 30-minute drive from Nottingham, as call out duties are part of this role. In Return, you will be rewarded with a Competitive Salary including 28 days holidays per annum, full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition, there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme and more!
- Business development, gaining new contracts, analysing logistical difficulties and producing new solutions.
- Set objectives, planning and managing projects.
- Continuously improving and developing business performance in line with legislation and environmental pressures.
- Execute KPI's set by Managing Director.
- Using IT systems to manage stock levels, evaluating performance, managing delivery times and transport costs.
- Supporting Transport manager with Route planning for Drivers.
- Management of staff, Motivating staff, and Training where necessary.
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Implementing and ensuring Health and safety procedures are adhered too.
Key skills/ Experiences:
- Managing a large-scale warehouse & Distribution: 1 year (Required).
- Experience in Managing and working in a large-scale warehouse and distribution role with a lean structure.
- As a key holder you will participate in an on call rota with other Managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours and will be required to comply with security requirements when
- Be proactive and able to manage their time effectively, in a calm manner, in a highly pressurised and demanding environment.
- Experience with working in a fast moving business and environment and be able to take pressure.
- Have excellent people management skills, be capable of communicating effectively with company Directors, your managers and team and work closely with other internal customers to ensure the effective operation of the warehouse function.
- IT literate and have an analytical approach.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Staff benefits scheme including retail discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Staff discount in store
The Warehouse and Distribution Manager will possess a high degree of discipline together with a strong character and solid business acumen for this challenging, yet rewarding role. If you have experience as a Warehouse and Distribution Manager and would like to work for a company that is vibrant and full of challenges then please apply TODAY!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'