Ward Sister | Charge Nurse | Surgical Ward | Band 7 equivalent| Full or part time hours | Training and Development opportunities
Spire Harpenden has an exciting part time opportunity for a Ward Sister/Charge Nurse to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the team which includes clinical and non-clinical personnel to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives and other customers such Consultants, using a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives
- Provide clinical leadership of the highest calibre to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all patients attending the clinical setting
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety, security and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices and plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members
Who we're looking for
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practise
- Experience of working within Surgical/HDU/ERU settings
- Good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services
- With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers at
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'