Ward Manager - Neuro-behavioural Unit
Salary: £38,138 - £48,615 pa (Band 7)
37.5 hours per week + plus bleepholder responsibilities
We currently have a vacancy for a strong and dynamic leader on Wellesley Ward which is a thirteen bed neuro-behavioural service for adults with an acquired brain injury.
These patients' rehabilitation and placement options have been limited, often due to the nature of their behaviour and it is a busy, sometimes loud and challenging environment. As with any service that works with challenging behaviour our goal is not simply to manage and reduce risk but also to take a curious approach to the underlying purpose of such behaviour and try to develop better ways for our patients to get their needs met.
The ward culture is based on a positive behavioural support approach through which we aim to move service users forward towards functional and quality of life goals.
All staff undergo training in the positive behavioural support approach and we have dedicated members of staff who collect and analyse behavioural data in order to monitor intervention progress.
The successful applicant will have:
*Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities within the Mental Health Sector.
*Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
*Significant leadership and managerial experience with an ability to demonstrate experience in multi-disciplinary team working
*A management qualification (or willingness to undertake management studies)
*A Teaching/Mentoring qualification
1. NMC / HCPC Registration
2. BSc degree or equivalent in RMN subject
3. Expert clinician and professional role model
4. Evidence of continuing professional development - particularly with management skills
5. Proven experience in successfully managing a ward roster and ward budgets.
6. Clinical knowledge and experience of working within a long term care environment.
7. Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
8. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
9. Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
* Golden Hello (Financial Support for Relocation costs)
* Free on-site parking
* Generous staff pension scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers
* Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
* Access to on site staff accommodation
* Option to join a health insurance scheme administered by HSF at preferential rates.
* DSE/eyesight tests and cover
* Cycle to work scheme
* Great work-life balance
* Subsidised canteen
* Virgin Health Discounts and onsite Yoga
Opportunity to undertake the Putney Nurse Programme which entails training of "Ma
Interested Applicants Please Contact Andy Villalba: Tel -
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.