Job Reference ID: HCB/RN/051689
Home Name: Grove House
Location: Wirral, Merseyside, UK
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Posting Expiry Date: 31/07/2019
Grove Discharge Unit (GDU) is a 30 bedded ward that specializes in caring for patients who are medically optimized but still require either rehabilitation or a period of assessment prior to discharge. GDU opened in November 2018 in partnership with Wirral University Teaching Hospitals and was inspected by CQC in December 2018, rating 'Good' in all areas.
Good time management and decision making skills are essential, along with an ability to work both autonomously and as part of the team. Leadership, role modelling and the ability to motivate and develop others, are key aspects for this Ward Manager role. Bedside education, and the ability to teach, is important to ensure all nurses and HCAs are supported in this new environment.
In this Role, you will work closely with the Matron/Registered Manager, and the clinical team to ensure the ward is providing excellent standards of patient care by utilizing our Quality of life programme and intermediate care framework; maintain patient safety, which will ensure a positive patient experience.
The right candidate will have strong communication skills and proven leadership qualities. You will be expected to support the ward manager in leading the team to work together to ensure safe staffing at all times. You will act as mentor and preceptor for junior members of the team and will maintain professional standards acting as a role model.
1. Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
3.Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure team communication is professional and considered.
4. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
5. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
6. Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
7. Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
8. Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
9. Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
10. To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours (Essential)
1. People management experience; the ability to lead and manage a team
2. Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
3. Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
4. Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
5. Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
6. Able to effectively prioritise workload
7. develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
8. Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
9. Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice
Key Experience and Knowledge (Desirable)
1. Experience in a Senior position in the healthcare sector (Band 6/7 experience)
2. Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
3. Leadership Management qualifications
Our nurses are critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives great opportunities to broaden your skill and knowledge base with exciting opportunities to progress into management.
Come and join our team and help deliver special resident experiences everywhere.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'