* NEW SERVICE OPENING *
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen as a Ward Manager for a 16- bedded Female Personality Disorder Ward. The ward will provide high levels of support and will use DBT and other therapy models to empower service users to make positive changes in their lives. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for working with women with personality disorders and have an understanding of the impact that personality disorder can have on quality of life.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is a brand new purpose built 65 bed facility which is due to open in September 2018 and is part of the wider Cygnet Health Care group. Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
As a growing organisation, with exciting plans for the future, we are passionate about driving employee development and supporting our staff’s wellbeing. Cygnet Hospital Maidstone offers a great range of benefits, which includes scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and free car parking.
In this role you will:
• Have overall management responsibility for the delivery of service user centred care within the ward
• Lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place
• Coordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members
• Manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, and evaluating the standard of service delivered
• Have knowledge of quality performance indicators and the role they play in contract review
• Have experience and skills in risk assessment and management in secure settings
• Liaise with referring agencies, communicating professionally and knowledgeably at all times
• Have a proven ability to manage and implement robust structures that enable staff to deliver quality evidence-based care
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• Current experience as a Ward Manager / Head of Care or a Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse with a valid pin
• Experience of working in Personality Disorder and/or Mental Health services
• Experience of implementing and monitoring standards of care
• Experience of providing clinical and managerial supervision, offering support in making clear and consistent clinical decisions along with the ability to lead and motivate a Nursing team effectively
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Simba Kaseke (Clinical Manager).
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job