Do you want a job that makes a difference?
Do you want a job that's hard work but very rewarding?
If yes, then come join the Medirest family at Southend Hospital!
Medirest is the specialist healthcare services arm of Compass Group, the world’s largest provider of catering and support services. The entire company is focused on providing not just professional, cost-effective and sustainable services for our clients and customers, but also on doing so safely and consistently
This role will suit a caring, compassionate person who has excellent organisational skills.
Summary of the role
Ensuring all patients receive a freshly prepared meal of their choosing from a designated menu. Preparing and serving several beverage rounds, along side fresh water jugs, whilst keeping the highest level of cleanliness.
Shifts available are:
Full time Fully Flexible - 35 hours per week contract, 3 out of 4 weekends working, shift patterns a mix of 7am-3pm, 4pm-7pm & 7am-7pm.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 30 hours contracted - 7am-7pm.
Weekend - 20 hours contracted - Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm.
Monday to Friday 4pm-7pm - 15 hours contract
Monday to Sunday 5 out of 7 days - 4pm-7pm - 15 hours contract
Detailed job role:
- Collect all foods & consumables for the ward daily, check and store in accordance to company & governmental guideline.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in the ward kitchens in line with the 'Service Level Agreements’ (S.L.A.’s)
- Replenish water jugs
- To ensure that all food is stored, handled and presented at the correct temperature and in accordance with SteamplicityHACCP guidelines.
- Serve breakfast, order and cook foods for patient consumption in line with the SteamplicityHACCP system for Lunch and Supper
- Understand various menus and offer to patience accordingly
- To maintain records of temperatures and take remedial action where necessary.
- Make soup/custard/gravy for your diners.
- To ensure the correct food and non-food items are allocated to the appropriate wards.
- To deliver patients food trays to each patient in turn and follow up with beverages. Nursing staff are to assist and feed patients where identified with red tray & red jug.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to company standard as set out in the ward service manual.
- To remove all patients trays, crockery, cutlery, cups & saucers after each meal service. (Report to Nursing Staff any meals not eaten)
- Replenish water jugs if required
- Wash, rinse and sterilise all used crockery, cutlery and serve equipment using the dishwasher.
- To correctly record and dispose of all waste including uneaten cooked foods complying with the Trusts waste policy.
- To clean the ward kitchen during and after service.
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff.
- To ensure you comply with the current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- Operational Efficiency
- Organisational Skills
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job