Science Teacher - PRU
Empowering Learning are recruiting for a Science Teacher to work in a supportive, forward thinking PRU in the Rhondda Area. This is a specialist school that caters for pupils of varying needs that include social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. Exceptional facilities coupled with a friendly staff team make this PRU a great place to work. If you are a Science Teacher with little experience with SEN, you are also encouraged to apply. The school have a very supportive and structured training and development course in place.
About the Role
- Science Teacher.
- Plan and teach chemistry, biology and physics.
- Support the specific learning of each pupil.
- Manage a team of Teaching Assistants who will be supporting you on a daily basis.
- Temp to perm contract.
Key Job Requirements
- PGCE/BA Ed or equivalent teaching degree. NQT and/or Oversea trained teachers welcome.
- Proven experience teaching Science.
- Experience working with vulnerable young adults.
- A genuine passion for working with pupils with additional learning needs.
- Highly driven.
- Attentive and Empathic Listener.
- Behaviour management. (Team teach qualification would be advantageous, however we can provide this training.)
- Available 5 days per week between the hours of 8.15am - 3.45pm.
- EWC Registered. (We can support you with this if you have not yet registered.)
- Holds a DBS on the update service. (We can support you with a new DBS application if needed.)
In return, when working with Empowering Learning Ltd you will benefit from;
A dedicated consultant specialising in the SEN sector who has a wealth of experience working closely with various special schools across Wales. We are committed to finding you the right role and setting and will continue to support you during your assignment.
Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience.
A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
DBS cash back scheme.
If you are looking to make a difference to children and young adults learning and use your expertise to aid their development please contact us today.