JOB DESCRIPTION - WAKING WATCH
Qualifications: Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People’s Workforce / NVQ level 3 in Care or equivalent relevant qualification desirable although not essential.
Previous experience of working in Residential Child Care is desirable.
Training: The post holder will also be expected to undertake other continuing professional development training as and when required. All training will require a commitment from the post holder to study for an award or qualification in some of their own time.
Hours: This post requires you to work a 42 hour week on a rota basis. You are entitled to 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
To ensure the safety and security of young people during the night hours
Duties to be performed:
- On arrival, to familiarize yourself with Information Book.
- To inform the senior member of Staff on duty that you have arrived.
- To check security of main doors to all areas and entrance gates.
- To assist staff in the settling of the young people
- To check all doors and windows throughout the building are secure.
- To ensure all internal doors are closed.
- To switch off all unnecessary inside lighting, eg corridors, classrooms.
- To liaise with the sleeping-in staff on duty so that you are aware of who is sleeping where.
- To perform record keeping duties.
- To complete domestic chores, e.g. prepare packed lunches, laundry ironing and other associated duties as directed by the Registered Manager or Principal
During the night to undertake silent supervision of all young people and carry out a security check on the main building.
In the morning to report to the senior member of staff sleeping-in any incidents and occurrences that have taken place during the night. To help with House duties and liaise with the senior person at the end of your shift to let them know you are leaving.
Perform such other reasonable duties of a similar character from time to time as required by the Registered Manager/Principal
Please be aware that CCTV recording is in operation 24/7 at Mountwood Academy.