Location: Manor Farm Cottage, Swanwick
About our Organisation:
At Fair Ways we believe in making a difference through passionate care, support and education. Together we aim to build an institution that makes a difference to society and leaves a legacy greater than ourselves and our contributions. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do; we measure our wealth by the difference we make, rather than the profit we make.
About our exciting Opportunity:
We are looking for a Waking Nights - Children’s Support Worker to join our established and experienced team that can exhibit the key competencies below and is able to bring the compassion, enthusiasm and dedication to the role that it requires.?It is important for applicants to be aware that this role will require lone working:
The work pattern would be 10 hours per night between 22:00 - 8:00 on a 4 on/4 off rota including weekends.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist service:
Manor Farm Cottage is an Ofsted registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.The home offers a model of care and education based on PACE and the House Model of Parenting, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The residential home is set in a semi-rural location in South Hampshire which is within commutable distance As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Proactively engaging with service users with a range of complex needs.
- Establishing, maintaining professional relationships.
- Providing a physically and emotionally safe environment, which is child friendly and homely.
- Maintaining a consistent environment that supports, stability, structure and clear boundaries.
- Allowing children to form a sense of who they are through building confidence and self-worth.
- It is our aim to support and encourage children to achieve their full potential in all areas, and if appropriate return to live in a family setting to continue their childhood
- Analysing and therapeutically managing challenging behaviour that is a result of complex needs.
- Formulating plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events.
- Willingness to be involved with the general upkeep of the service including some housework and general duties
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- Proven experience of working within a residential childcare setting or in a role that has allowed you to demonstrate similar qualities and abilities.
- The confidence and ability to manage complex behaviours.
- The ability to be a team player confident in working as part of a well skilled, compact, specialist workforce.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
- Confidence in undertaking administration duties associated with relevant record keeping.
- A positive 'can do’ approach
A level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent is desirable, but not essential on application, although successful applicants will be expected to undertake training to level 3.
About our Rewards:
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'