We are looking for a Full Time or 2 Part Time Support Workers to join our friendly team at Bouncers Lane in Cheltenham.
- enjoy going the extra mile for people to make them feel appreciated, respected and valued?
- go out of your way to help your family, friends, new acquaintances etc.
- enjoy helping people no matter how small?
Would it be of interest to you to work with a friendly team caring and supporting others?
If this sounds like you and you feel you’re a naturally caring person then a job as a support worker with CareTech may be what you have been looking for.
Working at Bouncers Lane you will be supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence.
Preferably experience of working in a similar environment but not essential as training is provided.
You will also need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
- We offer Permanent contracts 36 hrs per week
- Part Time contracts 18 hrs or become a Bank Staff
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care - Career progression path within the company - Competitive rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- SAYE SchemeMain
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users ifthey need assistance in the night
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
. The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
CareTech are proud to announce they are a Disability Confident Leader.
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
- Adult Social Care
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'