We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed, flexible, values based individual to support 7 people with a learning disability in a Registered Care Home in Mansfield.
We are working to make our recruitment as person centred as we can. The service profile attached has been created with the people we support.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and sleep-ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you'll have your own requirements - have you got commitments on a Thursday? Not to worry, we can factor this in, as well as other requests (provided you give us enough notice) into our rotas.
The selection process will use these criteria to match skills and experience with the people being supported. It is likely that the final decision on the success of your application will be decided by the people you will be supporting along with their key workers.
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you-
- You are caring
- You are friendly and positive
- You challenge appropriately
- You are trustworthy
- You are inclusive
- You like a challenge
- You like fun
- You like making a difference to the people you work with
- You are self-motivated and enthusiastic
- You enjoy being part of a team and working towards a common aim
- You aspire to develop as part of the team
- You don't panic and can stay calm in challenging situations
- You have experience or an awareness of supporting people learning disabilities
- Your punctuality, timekeeping and flexibility.
What's important to you-
- Helping people to live the life they want to lead.
- Supporting people to enjoy their own space
- Building relationships based on trust, and a genuine interest in other people.
- Helping people to make choices
- Helping people to retain independence
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job ID: 11063
- Social Care
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job