New opportunity not to be missed! L’Arche Liverpool has unique opportunities available for Waking Nights Care Workers to join the team. Joining on a full time permanent basis, we are offering a salary of £8.25 - £8.64 per hour plus excellent benefits.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant community charity which supports people with Learning Disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred, individually tailored care and support. In a world that values winning and coming first L'Arche Communities are places where people can discover who they are not just what they can do.
L’Arche has an exciting opportunity for Waking Nights Care Workers to join the team in Liverpool.
We have several exciting opportunities to work across 2 sites in L7 & L13 both supporting people with a high level of health care needs and complex learning disabilities.
We are looking for Care Workers who are passionate about working with People with Learning Disabilities. We want people who are honest, have integrity, are hardworking, promote dignity, respect and equality who have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, ability and willingness to work in a busy environment.
We want people who will work and live in accordance with the values of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
What we offer our Waking Nights Care Workers:
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second year
- Essential Medical care courses (where required).
- Guaranteed Contracted Hours + Paid Over Time
- Travel time and mileage paid between sites
- A Full two weeks paid Induction & Shadowing & training
- Excellent employee support and benefits
- Child care vouchers
- DBS paid for
- QCF Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care supported
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
The Waking Nights Care Workers roles involve:
- Providing help with all aspects of personal care
- Providing support with all aspects of end of life care and dementia
- Accompanying people to social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out, reading etc.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit
- Providing consistent, person centred support that meets the individual needs of each service user
Essential skills, experience & attitude required by the Waking Nights Care Workers:
- Minimum 12 months of experience in working with adults who have learning/multiple disabilities living in the community.
- Experience of working within a Nursing Home or Hospital setting and/or busy environment of care provider.
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User’s needs.
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- Able to work any waking night shift from 10pm – 10am / 8pm – 8am including bank holidays, weekends and so on.
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an expanding, vibrant community charity as one of our Waking Nights Care Workers.
The successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.