Waking Night worker (3 nights per week)
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is flexible and has a desire to meet the needs of children and keep them safe throughout the night. You will also be expected to undertake domestic duties including laundry and light cleaning, record information and take a lead role in managing (with support) situations and eventualities including emergencies whilst on duty. You will have strong values and making a difference is what matters to you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain awake throughout the night and effectively and appropriately care for and keep safe the children and young people
- Actively engage in all aspects of the night-time care tasks and domestic duties required of you in the home and the surrounding environment
- Assist in supporting each child or young person to gain a positive experience of living in a home that can really keep them safe and secure and emotionally comfortable whilst they sleep
- Where necessary offer and provide a child or young person with the appropriate care, nurture and comfort they require should they wake during the night, feel unwell, experience a night-terror or upsetting dream, or otherwise need the support of a safe adult
- Sound knowledge of good child care practice and child development
- A reasonable standard of education
- Insight into the needs of children and young people living in the care system
- Ability to remain awake and alert throughout the night
Closing date: ASAP
Contact: William Cooper at Developing Your Potential
Developing Your Potential is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- Residential Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job